You know you need a car seat for your child but you cannot decide which is the best one for you? In this case, you need to do a little bit of research on the existing options on the market. To help you, we’ve come up with the right infant car seat reviews which will definitely make things clearer for you. Here are five of the best infant car seats with excellent reviews:
5 Best Infant Car Seats Reviews 2018
Almost any Britax infant car sear customer review points out how useful these car seats can be. This is the case with the Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Infant Car Seat too. The creators of this car seat made sure that the head of the infant is completely protected. It is protected in case of a crash situation by simply lowering the center of gravity of the seat at the moment of impact. The forward flexion is prevented with the help of the integrated steel bars that keep the seat in a fixed position inside the car.
This Britax convertible infant car seat is considered to offer 360-degree protection. It is made of SafeCell technology. And, with the cells contracting in case of crush, lowering the center of gravity of the child and preventing thus the forward motion. Like in the case of almost any Britax convertible car seat, the Marathon 70 also uses the Side Impact Cushion Technology. This virtually absorbs the energy released on impact keeping the other car passengers safe too.
The head, neck, and spine of the child have held in the right position even in case of a crash. It is like the child is shielded and protected from any sudden movement that might cause him injuries. The force of the impact is distributed towards the strongest areas of the body. This way the movements of the body and of the seat are minimized almost entirely without giving up on the comfort of the passenger.
Features and specifications of the Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Infant Car Seat
- 360 Degree Protection Characteristics
- Easily removable for cleaning plush cover with matching belly padding
- Versa-Tether with two-point attachment secures the top of seat to the car and allows for staged release to cut forward motion
- Many buckle adjustments
- 5-point and 10-point harness settings allow you to reposition straps without disassembling
- Added comfort with the help of the High-density foam
- Integrated steel bars and rigid shell with energy-absorbing EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) foam
- SafeCell technology lowers child position when pushed forward, minimizing injury
- SecureGuard prevents a child from slipping under the lap belt to prevent abdominal injury
- Anti-slip base to prevent movement on leather and fabric seats
- Fits children weighing 20-70 pounds (front-facing)
- Fits children weighing 5-40 pounds (rear-facing)
- One-year limited warranty
The Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat is one of the models that haven’t received almost any negative reviews at all. Those who bought this car seat for their infants confessed they were very satisfied with their buy. The passengers of this seat feel very comfortable while they are protected against the impact movements specific to a car crash.
Some of those who bought the Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat confessed. They had a few troubles with connecting the seat with the system of the car. Yet, after a few uses, they realized that it is very easy to install. The producer advises people to make sure that the seat is connected to the car. Otherwise, the protection of the passenger is almost null. In what concerns the price, many buyers considered it a bit high but since the child can fit in it for many years. They considered it an investment in the safety of their infant in the long run.
Up to an age, most children are very fragile. Add to that the fact that they do not experiment enough to protect themselves in case of a car crash and we can witness real tragedies. With this in mind, the engineers from Britax came with the Britax Roundabout Convertible 55 Infant Car Seat. Designed for children up to 55 pounds, the Britax convertible 55 can be a real asset for parents who care about the safety of their kids.
This brand cares very much about making sure each child who seats in one of these car seats is protected as much as possible in case of a crash. This is why in the case of the Britax convertible 55 the SafeCell technology is used in combination with the special design. With the deep side walls designed from EPP foam, the injuries sustained to the neck, spinal cord and heat can be minimized a great deal in case of a crush. Moreover, these features are also responsible for the distribution of the energy.
The Britax convertible 55 is easily installed in the car. The engineers from Britax came up with the LATCH system that securely locks up the seat into its place. Moreover, reclining can be done without unlatching the seat no matter if it is done rear or forward facing. The harness is a five point one that is designed not to tangle.
Features and Specifications of the Britax Roundabout Convertible 55 Infant Car Seat
- Air travel certified
- Deep side walls with impact-absorbing EPP foam
- Padding made with High-Density Comfort Foam
- The anti-slip base for safety in leather and fabric automobile seats
- Premium LATCH connectors allow you to connect and disconnect from the car
- Integrated steel bars reduce child’s forward flexion
- Shoulder and lap belts from the car are installed with car seat built-in Lock-Offs
- Reclining in both rear and forward-facing positions for comfort
- Versa-Tether with webbing releases step-by-step to cut forward motion
- Up to 55-pound weight limit keeps your child safe and protected while he grows
- Two buckle positions for comfort as your child grows
- Harness holders keep straps out of your way when placing a child into the seat
- Patent-pending SafeCell Technology that compresses upon forwarding motion
The Britax Convertible 55 is one of the best car seats for infants on the market. People appreciate many things about it. But the most important one is the fact that children are held in a safe position that prevents possible injuries during a car crash. Even if its construction is a solid one, the passengers in the front seat can have plenty of legroom no matter how the car seat is positioned.
The harness is very important in the case of all car seats for infants. Unfortunately, many of them are made from strong fabrics that can irritate the skin of the child. This is why most buyers appreciated a great deal the padding around the harness.
The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Infant Car Seat is a great buy for the children no longer fits in it. This is why it is called 3-in-1. It allows three different modifications so that kids from 20 pounds to 100 pounds can be accommodated in it. In its regular initial position, the Graco Nautilius infant car seat can accommodate kids between 20 and 65 pounds. If the child grows the car seat can simply be enlarged by turning it into a booster that has a seat-belt protection. In this case, the child can weight from 30 to 100 pounds and still sit very comfortably. The third option is to the turn it into a backless or a high back booster so that a child up to 100 pounds can be completely safe and enjoy his ride.
For Graco, the manufacturer, meeting all the safety regulations is very important. For this reason, it tests all the car seats to check the impact of a possible crash, and to find out this way what needs to be done to improve each model. The Graco infant car seat reviews showed that this model did excellently at the crash tests including the side impact. Thanks to the reinforced steel design the ride can be very enjoyable for the passenger.
The design and the padding add to the comfort together with the wide armrests. Moreover, the car seat has a cup holder and a side storage cubby which older children will appreciate very much. All these characteristics show that the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Infant Car Seat is suitable for kids of many ages.
Features and Specifications of the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Infant Car Seat
- Five-point harness protects children from 20 to 65 pounds
- 3-in-1 seat for use for children from 20 to 100 pounds
- Greatest child height: 57 inches
- Smallest child height: 27 inches
- Harness change in front of the seat
- Head support adjusts for child comfort and safety
- Belt guides
- Frame’s steel reinforcement provides added strength and support
- Durable steel-reinforced frame
- Storage Cubby
- Cup holder
- Conversion to a booster with high-back belt positioning for children from 30-100 pounds
- Conversion to a backless booster seat for children from 40 to 100 pounds
- Seat Pad is machine washable
- Support to infant’s full body
- Quilted Cover
Also, The Graco infant car seat reviews are almost 100% positive ones. Buyers consider it an excellent long-term investment because their children can use it for many years. This is why most of them said that the quality/price ratio is an excellent one in this case. Add to that the fact that the product keeps the kids safe while they enjoy their ride and the price is actually a very good one. Some customers reported that they were very satisfied with the easy installation process.
Also, A major problem with most car seats is that these days kids are too tall to fit in even if the weight and age are within the limits. With the Graco Nautilus infant car seat, this is not a problem thanks to the harness. Most buyers also appreciated the fact that everything about this car seat is adjustable. This allows for personalization.
The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Infant Car Seat is a great choice for both short trips and long ones according to the majority of the reviewers.
Most Britax car seat reviews point out that this product is a must if you care about the safety of your child. Britax is a well-known brand that produces car seats taking into account the child-safety. In fact, this product is considered to be superior to similar car seats simply because it does much more than the law recommends.
Also, It is fit for children from five to seventy pounds. The Car Seat was created using the latest most innovative technology. It reduces the forward motion that takes place in case of crash situations. This is done thanks to the SafeCell technology that acts on the center of gravity of the occupant by reducing it. This is not the only thing that ensures your child’s protection in case of impact. All Britax seats are constructed using integrated steel bars which connect the seat perfectly to the car.
Also, It is true that the most important feature of a car seat for children is that it protects the infant from any possible danger during a crash. The engineers from Britax succeeded to do this and also allow the child to sit very comfortable during the drive. This is done with the help of things like the Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS). The five-point harness that is easily adjustable. The many EPP foam layers force absorbent properties.
Britax Boulevard 70 Convertible Infant Car Seat Characteristics:
- Created for children from five to 40 pounds in the rear-facing position and up to 70 pounds in a forward-facing position
- Harness easily repositioned without disassembling
- An extra layer of force-absorbent EPP foam
- Anti-slip base protects your car interior and provides more secure fit
- Reduced forward flexion with the help of the integrated steel bars which add strength to the car seat’s connection to your vehicle
- Versa-Tether webbing absorbs energy and releases incrementally, reducing forces upon a child. Two-point attachment anchors the top of the seat and minimizes forward motion
- Recline in both forward and rear-facing positions
- High-Density Comfort Foam cushions your child and adds padding
- Harness Ultra-Guard System (HUGS) resists forward movement
- 70-pound capacity ensures comfort and safety as your child gets older
- Deluxe cover removes easily for cleaning. Matching pads and infant body pillow for added comfort.
- Removal for cleaning without having to uninstall seat or disassemble
- Patent-pending SafeCell technology
- Built-in Lock-Offs for easy shoulder and lap belt installation
- Two buckle positions ensure comfort as your child grows
- Five-point harness fits snugly, is tangle-free, and delivers force to the strongest and most resilient part of the body
- Harness holders keep straps out of the way when putting your child into the seat
- Premium LATCH connectors provide easy and secure installation and easy release
Certified for air travel
The Britax Frontier 85 Combination Booster Infant Car Seat is Suitable for children from 25 pounds up to 85 pounds. And from 40 pounds up to 120 pounds in the booster mode. In case of a crash, experts recommend that the passenger’s head, neck, and spine be kept in a fix position to avoid injuries.
Thanks to the features of the Britax Frontier 85 car seat this is possible. First of all, the side impact is almost eliminated due to the protection that allows the distribution of force. The car sear simply shields the body so that all the important parts of the body are protected. The Britax 85 booster seat harness capacity is very high no matter if the car seat is positioned facing forward or in the booster seat mode.
Also, The harness system is a wise one that can be adjusted easily without dissembling it. This ‘Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread’ system differentiates this infant car seat from others. The forward movement specific to crashes is almost entirely prevented. To drop the forward motion, the tether webbing is released gradually. For the same reason, the car seat’s top anchors are attached in two points so that the release can be done step by step.
Also, The Britax Frontier 85 Combination Booster Infant Car Seat is secured in its position. Because of the same connection, this car seat can also be removed from the car without much effort whenever you need it. The foam base and liner are part of this car seat not only for their properties of absorbing the energy. But also, because they make the ride very comfortable for the passenger.
Characteristics of the Britax Frontier 85 Combination Booster Infant Car Seat
- No need for harness rethreading thanks to the easy adjustability for varying shoulder height and head restraint
- Available in eight different colors (Canyon, Cowmooflage, Livia, Maui Blue, Onyx, Pink Sky, Red Rock, Rushmore)
- Head, neck, and spine kept in alignment and distribution of the force safely to limit side impact injury.
- 5-point harness system protects the child in a car seat up to 85 pounds or in booster seat up to 120 pounds
- 5-point harness has 10 height positions
- The smallest weight: 25 pounds
- Largest weight: 120 pounds
- 11.5-inch seat interior width
- 24-inch seat back height
- 36-inch seat height
- Machine washable cover
- Armrests and cup holders
- Model number E9LC2H6
The Britax Frontier 85 Combination Booster Infant Car Seat has received mostly positive reviews. This producer has long years of experience in designing the best car seats for infants. Also, The protection level is very high even in case of a crash. Britax has even released a short video in which the installation process of the seat is clearly exemplified.
Infant Car Seats Buying Guide
There are two basic styles of cars seats for very young kids. Both these two styles of seats are now considered essential child safety items. Also, the first one is the infant car seat for infants who weigh less than 20 lbs and are less than a year old. According to experts, these infant seats are the safest. The second one is the infant-toddler car seats, which are the topic of our present article.
Infant-toddler seats are also known as convertible car seats because these can be adjusted to face forward or backward as and when needed. These car seats can be used by both infants and older children weighing up to 40 lbs. The seat is to be installed in the back seat for infants below age one, facing the rear until they reach a year old.
Furthermore, The infant-toddler car seat can be turned to face forward when the kid weighs a minimum 20 lbs but it should be done only when s/he has reached age one. However, experts advise against this and suggest that it’s safest to seat the kid facing the rear as long as possible if the kid is comfortable and the seat can take his/her weight. This is the safest method in case of an accident. That is because, in a frontal collision, the stress on a forward-facing child’s neck can injure his/her spine.
Speaking of this, a majority of the newly designed infant-toddler car seats can carry kids up to 30 lbs in a rear-facing position. So, these convertible car seats are thus useful for those who reach 20 lbs. before age one, and also for keeping them extra safe after that.
Qualities and Features of an ideal infant-toddler car seat
1. Simple and easy to install:
A complex process can hamper proper installation of the seat and secure harnessing of the baby which is necessary for adequate safety.
2. Buy a seat with sufficient harness:
An ideal infant-toddler seat must have at least a five-point safety harness. There should be one strap for each shoulder, each thigh, and one between legs. These are safer for an infant than plastic shields or T-bar restraints. So, you also need to keep in mind that buying new seats are safer than buying used seats which often use outdated safety techniques.
3. Belt adjustments from the front:
The better seats are those that let you make adjustments from the front and have raised belt slots for buckling ease. Hence, these are much safer than seats that make belt adjustments from the back. Some new models now come with automatic adjustment.
4. LATCH system:
Beginning in September 2002, all new child safety seats and vehicles must be compatible with the LATCH system, which is an acronym for Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children. Furthermore, this system combines the previously existing top tethers with two lower anchors, built into the rear of the car. It is fit for the installation of a car seat easier and safer by attaching it directly to the vehicle instead of using the seat belt to secure it.
5. Washability and comfort:
Although babies are notorious for making a mess of things, only a few manufacturers of infant-toddler car seats consider this common aspect. Most car seats come with permanently fixed pad covers which are un-washable. Always buy one with pad covers that could be detached and laundered in a washing machine. Also, opt for a well-padded seat with enough head and back support. This will enable your child to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
These above infant car seats are good in quality and durability. You can get anyone from the list at an affordable price. Thank you for reading this helpful article.
Read also: Best Lightweight Stroller 2018